Sunday, March 28, 2010

So long Steak N Shake Diet...

All is going well in the Kummer house. We had a doctor's appointment this past Wednesday and the doctor kept saying everything is "just good, good, and more good!" She went ahead and did another sonogram, which was not scheduled, to check for cleft palate. He didn't cooperate at our last appointment. Everything is great! He currently weighs 1.6lbs and when I tell people that they go "Ohhh, that's a big boy!" How is that possible, have you seen me!? Luckily it looks like he's taking after his very tall Daddy. Whew. I've gained 13lbs without even trying, other than that month of the doctor ordered high fat Steak N Shake diet. I'm only supposed to gain another 12 lbs and still have 4 months to go. Kyle and the doctor saw the concern on my face about my rapidly increasing weight , so they doctor said "You married someone that is 6'3", what do you expect!" She said I am right where I need to be, but should only gain .5lb to 1lb a week from here on out. No more 6 and 7 lb weight gains between visits. That all sounds great except that I've pretty much been eating as healthy as I was before I was pregnant. So the fact that the weight is just coming on like this, definitely worries me about the size of this kiddo! I definitely take it as a compliment when people say "You're all belly!" Thank goodness because I don't want to be All Face, All Arms, and All Legs...not yet anyways. I took a huge step today and bought a bathing suit! Don't worry, it's not my usual bikini. All in all, I'm still feeling great and cannot believe how wonderful God is to bless me with this pregnancy and also spare me of the bad symptoms!

Kyle has been hard at work on the nursery this weekend. To some, this might sound like it's a bit early. When we looked at our calendar, we literally have about 3 weekends available between now and the middle of June. These last 3 and a half months are going to just fly by. As I mentioned before, the nursery planning has been left up to Kyle and my mom. No joke, they've really planned most of it together. We're sticking with our vintage sports theme, with an emphasis on TCU football. As of now, Kyle is putting the last coat of paint on for the workers to come install the chair rail tomorrow evening. He's been so great to get all of this done by himself.

On another note while we're talking about my wonderful hubby, he passed the test to obtain his Real Estate Broker's license this past week. He's an official broker licensed in the state of Texas! This is just a stepping stone to the company he one day hopes to run. He and his dad are hard at work on building their new real estate company. For now he has his day job, but we're saying lots of prayers this company will be up and running within the year. I am so proud of him and his recent accomplishments. I'm one lucky girl.

We're looking forward to a quick work week and spending time with family this weekend for Easter. My mom and Russell, Ashley and Mason, and Trent will be joining us this weekend. We always have a great time and I am so happy this has become a tradition we can host at our house. My cousin Kelly and his wife, Dabney, also expecting, will join us for Easter dinner. And we absolutely cannot forget my animated Grandma, Mama Laurie, who I am sure will amuse us with some more stories from her past as she did last year. I love my family and we're looking forward to spending time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers