Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa!!!! I know him!

Yesterday Kyle and I took Holt to see Santa for the first time. When I saw the line, I got a little nervous knowing Holt was going to be ready to eat in about 30 minutes or so. Luckily he doesn't have meltdowns when he's hungry like he did as a newborn. He can usually wait awhile longer. I was pleasantly surprised that he was happy as could be in his stroller or in Daddy's arms while we waited for about 45 minutes! That gave Kyle and I plenty of time to discuss which ridiculously overpriced packaged we would choose. The cheapest was $20 all the way up to $45. My first thought when I saw the $45 package was , "That is ridiculous, who would spend that on a silly Santa picture? All you need is one!" I actually needed at least 2, one wallet (for an ornament on the tree) and one 4x6 (for a special 2010 frame). They only had 5x7s, 3x5s, and wallets. Oh but for $7 more you could add a disc to your order and print all the Santa pictures you wanted! $40 later we walked out of there with 2 5x7s, wallets, 2 3x5s (I mean what size is this anyways, who has a 3x5 frame? RIP OFF), and the disc! Luckily it was a good picture because they choose the "best" in their opinion. I think it was perfect! Check him out below.

I immediately put these pictures in my frames and almost got teary eyed in doing so. Why you ask? Because this time next year I will have a 16 month old that will be walking and getting into all sorts of trouble with the ornaments on the tree. I just know that when I pull out my special 2010 Christmas frame with Holt's first Santa picture in it, I will cry. I will be all nostalgic and sad about how quickly time has gone by. He won't be my itty bitty baby anymore. But enough of that, for this year I get to enjoy my itty bitty baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers