Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Holt is 18 months!

Oh hi, remember me? Yeah, I haven't blogged in quite sometime. Since we moved over Christmas, anything Christmas worthy was kept only in my memories. No sense in going back now, but if you must know, Christmas was fabulous. So my "baby" is now 18 months old. I've reached the age where I wonder how I will tell people his age when asked after this month is over. When the time comes will I say "A year and a half." "He'll be two in July" or the ever annoying "He's 21 months." That doesn't mean much to most people. Guess I'll just have to see what comes out of my mouth when the time comes. Holt is an expert mimic and wants to do everything by himself. The time has come when cuss words must be replaced with other words like "shucky darns" and "phooey". He mimics me when I put on lip gloss, smacks his lips, or when I call Bentley. He has picked up on his name and very cutely says, "Ben-beeee!" while looking up at the ceiling, I have no clue why. I still have a tall skinny boy on my hands. Here are his stats:

-22 lbs 12oz (12%)
-32in (72%)
-Size 4 diapers
-5.5 shoe
-18 month clothes, starting to work our way into 24month and 2T (his waist is just so tiny!)

Since his 15 month post, he has become very independent and is into exploring everything. Here is the list I kept on my iPhone, you don't really think I just remember this stuff over the past 3 months do you?

-Can differentiate hot and cold. Touches a light "Haahh." Walk into the freezer dept at the store "brrrr"
-He is learning to "sing". I ask him to sing me a song and who knows what will come out of his mouth. My fav is when he attempts the ABCs "AAAHHH EEEE CCCCC" Only I know that is what he is singing.
-Slight obsession with his bellybutton and other people's bellybuttons. Don't be surprised if he comes up to you and lifts up your shirt...we must work on his manners :)
-Likes dipping his food in ketchup or anything he feels is dip worthy (Totally gets this from Kyle)
-Pretty much an expert at using his eating utensils, almost eats better with them than with his hands now
-We will say "Mommy and Daddy love each other" and then we kiss. He gets so tickled and gives us each a big smacker on the lips too.
-M&Ms are like a drug to him. You should see his face when they are mentioned. I ask him "What do you want now?" His answer is always Mem-a-mem...even at breakfast.
-One time he said a sentence, one time, "Bye bye dada"
-He knows all his body parts, even THAT one. Calls it his "Woo woo" I say wee wee, he says woo woo. Holt found Bentley's woo woo too, poor Bentley.
-Starting to take a big interest in letters. He can recognize a few, H is his fav. Almost everything is Aaach. He points at letters everywhere wanting me to tell him what they are.
-He absolutely LOVES feeding Bentley. Even if it's piece by piece of his tiny dog food. This takes a good 10 minutes at dinner time so I can finish making his dinner or putting the finishing touches on ours.
-Holt probably says close to 20 words, hard to keep count because they aren't all used everyday. Some of them are: bubble, no no no no, baby, Santa (tanta), yuck, cheese, fish, bye bye, ball, Ash, Meme, George (juj), ice, uh-oh (more like aaaaoooooohhh), cookie (just the C sound), and vroom vroom anytime he sees a car. He tries really hard to say almost everything I ask him too though.
-He would spend all day everyday outside if I let him, he is absolutely in love with being outside.
-Has almost perfected an unassisted forward roll, he has done it several times alone just needs a slight push

That is my little guy the past three months. This is a very busy age. We have an absolute blast together. We are always laughing. And it is safe to say I am absolutely pooped by the time Kyle gets home. It's nonstop. He has a very funny personality and has no problem laughing in my face when he gets in trouble. I wish I could bottle all of his facial expressions so I could always remember his sweetness... and his orneriness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers