Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jett is 11 months!

My oh my, where has this time gone? I can't believe he's so close to turning 1! I think about this time last year and how miserable I was getting and how excited I was to meet this baby, this big baby. Jett is learning more and more by the day. He's on the move cruising around trying to get big brother's toys. I don't even know what he likes because he's completely disinterested in baby toys. Nothing is as exciting as the Superheroes with buttons and lights! He does like his play and learn table still. He's climbing on more and more things, specifically places that give me heart attacks like the fireplace and step stools. There has not been a lot of changes other than just being more mobile. He really tries to say Mama, especially when he's bored or mad, but it comes out NeNe, haha! He can say Mama, but has not put the two together as far as identifying me. He's starting to learn words when I ask him where something is, mostly just family members but we are working on things like ball and book too. I keep waiting for him to start waving, which I know Holt was doing by now, but I also blame myself a lot for things like this. I had all my time to spend with Holt and teaching him words, sounds, objects, you name it. Poor Jett doesn't get the same undivided attention, but that comes with the territory of having more than one child. Any spare time I have with just me and Jett, I try to play or "teach" him, but once Holt is around, he just wants to be doing what he is doing.

He is still a major Mama's boy. He wants nothing to do with other people, mostly if I am around. Kyle always says, "He was fine until you walked in!" Haha! As soon as he sees me, it's like whoever just had him was torturing him tremendously. He's happiest on my hip or crawling at my feet.

We have introduced a lot a new food, not all of them I will remember, but I pretty much give him anything we are eating just to try. He has tried ravioli with tomato sauce, plums, peaches, pears, apples, meatballs, chicken nuggets, pasta, tortilla, waffles, pancakes, grilled cheese, PBJ, etc. Kyle gave him some PBJ one night without even remembering that babies are not supposed to consume it until after they are one, so luckily we found out he does not have a peanut allergy. Now he likes it just fine! Jett does pretty well with finger foods, but still eats baby food too. This is pretty odd for a baby of his age, but I'm ok with it because I know what he is getting. I can't say that he eats anything and everything I put in front of him, but he will almost always try it. He mostly just plays with it, but from the looks of him, he's not starving. He takes 4 6oz bottles a day and we have started to wean him from the bottle. This is not coming as easy as it did with Holt. I may just have to go cold turkey from the bottle because I do not want him on one after he is 1. We will also introduce some whole milk here and there over the next month until he is 1 so it is less of a shock to his system.

He takes 2 naps a day, one at 10:30 and one at 3. He does better sleeping later in the day because he gets really tired for bed around 7 or so. He is started to be able to take or leave his morning nap, so I am sure that will be dropped around 14 months or so, much like Holt did. I still prefer him to get his morning nap, but some times he just sits in there and plays for an hour and then I don't see the point! I would rather be out and about getting stuff done or going to the gym. His morning naps are short 30 minutes, sometimes a little longer and his afternoon naps are usually almost 2 hours. It's nice to know he is settled into a more regular sleep pattern since that was a big struggle for us early on. He sleeps from about 8-7:30. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but he's good for about 11 hours straight at night.

Some other facts:
12 month clothes, really need to find those 18 month hand me downs!
Size 4 diaper
Finger foods at every meal
Not a sippy cup perfectionist, but will at least drink from it now

He's my Mr. Million Dollar Smile! He has the BEST smile. I can't wait to see all the learning and growing in store these next few months for him!


Smash Cake Practice

Typical sight around here with boys, Night Stand-1 Jett-0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers