Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Almost there...


I didn't keep my promise of keeping these posts short. Too much time goes by before I sit down to update my blog! Most of you probably know about these updates, but just in case here goes.

The beginning of June I started to experience the dreaded swollen legs and feet. I thought this was very normal and made fun of the fact that I had one "cankle", my right foot. It was so much more swollen than my left you literally could not see a bone in my entire foot. I went to the doctor on June 7th and pointed this out, what I thought was humorous, concerned her quite a bit. After my appointment she sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound on my right leg to check for blood clots. She was fairly certain I did not have them, but because the swelling was more severe on the right side, this was a symptom she did not want to risk. Luckily it came back negative however I was ordered to wear compression hose the remainder of the pregnancy. I at least bought the thigh high kind so they are much more manageable to wear. They are soooo HOT in this weather. There is no air circulation, but within hours of wearing them, I could see my ankle bones again. The best part is that Kyle has to help me in and out of them everyday because they are way too tight for me to put on myself. And I have a huge belly in the way. As miserable as they are, I highly recommend them if you are pregnant and experiencing severe swelling. They get me through the day and I am actually able to walk.

I have had 2 amazing baby showers since my last post and I am still amazed by my friends and family and their generosity to my family! I am so blessed to have all of them in my life. My Houston shower was hosted by my sister in law, Amy, my sister, Ashley, and my cousin Tammi. It was a fun shower because I got to see people from my past (the kiddos I used to babysit who are all grown up now!), present, and people I know will be in my future. It's always great to see my friends from High School! I'm lucky to be close to them still. The second shower was hosted by my friend from elementary school, Missy, and 2 friends from college, Katie and Becca. This was a couples shower. Kyle was very happy to be part of this shower and share this fun time with his friends. Although I felt huge, he was happy and proud to show off my growing belly knowing his baby boy was inside.

My mom was also in town for the shower and she helped finish the nursery. Kyle and my mom were very hard at work on this all weekend long. It looks fantastic! He is one lucky little boy to have such a unique room.



This same weekend, we were told that Holt was now breech. Silly boy was in the perfect position at 29 weeks! If he did not flip, we were looking at a scheduled C Section. I had mixed emotions about this. It would very nice for us to tell our families a date to be in town and not have to rush in the middle of the night or another time of day. However, I think all Moms to Be have this vision of telling their husbands, "It's TIME!" Although this is equally as frightening as being cut open on a table, it's how I've always pictured it. We have since learned that he is not breech, and I have my doubts now that he ever was. I feel his movements and body parts in the same places, so he might be taking after his Mommy and have a bony butt! His feet stay very busy poking me on the right side and sometimes I think he's doing push ups on my hip bones. We were told at our 37 week appt sonogram this past Friday, that he is approximately 7lbs give or take a half pound. The sonographer said if I go another 2 weeks he could be a 9pounder! The doctor already told me this is not possible for me, so I am anxious to see what she says at our next appt. I'm hoping to be induced next week sometime, ideally the 16th. We're being very picky about his birthday. Trent's birthday, Kyle's brother, is on July 13th and my Stepmom Leslie's birthday is on July 14th. We're hoping to get past these 2 days although they have both kindly told us it would be just fine if he came on their birthday!

Our first child, Bentley, has been acting very strange poor guy. He is constantly sniffing me, especially my belly. He follows me everywhere, like he's just making sure I'm ok. If I'm sitting, he wants to be nearby or touching me. I know he senses that his world is about to change. He's also had an upset tummy the past 2 days which I am hoping is from something he ate, although I don't know what because he has only had dog food, and not because he senses something I don't know! I've heard dogs can sense oncoming labor!



This could be my last post before I become a Mommy! I am very ready to see this lil guy that has been so busy in there the past few months. We love him so much already, and I can't wait to show him! We're also looking forward to seeing all of our family members when we welcome him in the hospital! God is great!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! :) I'm anxious for you as well. Poor Bentley- it'll be a change, but he'll love it over time. That's neat about the compression stockings- I'd heard of them, but not in detail, so good to know for next time! Praying for you to stay as comfortable as possible and be rested before your wonderful blessing arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers