Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What they don't tell you...

Yes, being pregnant is such a joy and a miracle. For some reason, people who have done this before fail to tell you EVERYTHING. Well I'm going to. I'll do it again after I give birth to really scare those of you preggies into wanting to keep that bundle inside you forever. Now I'm sure not all of this happens to everyone, I will call you people freaks. Here are just a few things I've noticed in the last weeks of pregnancy. Holt will join us, for sure, on Tuesday when I get induced. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that he wants to come tomorrow or Friday. Again because we're picky and want to make his arrival convenient for everyone. And for some more TMI, I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated at my last appt on Thursday.

-You will run out of clothes that fit, even those maternity pants that you started wearing before you needed too and they were huge. Good luck getting some of them over your buttocks at the end. Your husbands T-shirts have never been more appealing. Sometimes it's 3pm before I realize I'm still lounging in it.
-You'll look in the mirror and not recognize your face because it is so "fat". Goodbye cheekbones, goodbye chin, hello double chin and puffy eyes (oh go ahead and roll that de-puffing syrum on there...there's not enough in the world)
-It's a miracle! That stretch mark cream really works! What a relief to not see any stretch marks on my belly, boobs, thighs, and hips. HOLY! What is that? Did I sit on something too long, nope, it's stretch marks on the one place I didn't think to put the cream...my butt.
-I cherish every movement my son makes, I really do. But they go from sweet somersaults to pinching and poking. I really think he is pinching my uterine wall sometimes with those tiny, although I'm sure adorable, fingers. Oh and the protruding foot on my right side, love it. And yes son, those are my kidneys and bladder you love so much.
-The term "lightening" for when your baby drops, is perhaps the worst oxy moron I've ever heard. There is nothing light about when your baby drops from below your boobs down to your knees in less than 24 hours. There is so much pressure, I literally feel that when I stand up, he's going to fall out. If only it were that easy. I am finding it hard to walk these days, or at least look like what I'm doing is walking.
-When people tell you to start walking to speed up labor, good luck. The people that do this are amazing. I cannot even fathom walking around the cul-de-sac, much less the neighborhood right now. It hurts bad enough walking from the couch to the bathroom. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to attempt this...at some point.
-Don't be surprised when you gain 10lbs, or more...ahem...in one month. And when people say "It's just water retention or water weight." or "I'm sure it's just the blood volume." Believe them because you too will believe this just disappears once your baby is here. I'll let you know how that goes.

We're just a few days away from welcoming our baby boy, hopefully a few hours, but it doesn't look promising for today. I have a doctor's appt on Friday and I'm hoping we've progressed so much she sends us to the hospital. I'll be sure to post after he is here and let you know ALL about that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers