Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Didn't Know...

These are some things I didn't know about myself, motherhood, and life in general before Holt came into our lives.

I didn't know:
-I was a speed eater. Thinking about signing up for the Hot Dog Eating contest on the 4th next year because I can eat so fast now.
-That going to dinner at a reasonable time meant eating with the Senior Citizen crowd
-That going to the mall during the week meant the Mall Walkers would be out in full force(see above for age group reference)
-I would complain about the weather and heat so much
-I would need a chiropractor from all the leaning over and lifting
-Most my conversations would start with "I saw on Oprah..."
-I was still so immature because I laugh when Holt rips one or grunts when he's having a BM
-That changing so many diapers really wouldn't bother me at all
-I would be so THIRSTY and so HUNGRY while breastfeeding
-I would cry at every birth I see on TV from here on out or cry at stories that involve children, or cry at baby lotion commercials, or cry at...pretty much everything.
-I could be so enraged at bad drivers and desperately want to roll down my window and yell "I HAVE A BABY IN THIS CAR YOU A#%$&*^!!!" Seriously contemplating getting a BABY ON BOARD thing for my window.
-That letting him sleep on me would make me so happy, nothing compares
-Differentiating myself as a mother and a wife would be so difficult
-I would see my husband in a whole new light. Watching him smile at Holt is sometimes better than watching Holt smile at him.
-I would want to video record everything he does so I don't forget a second
-I would be so bad at getting those videos and pictures so I don't forget a second
-Getting his baby book together would take me so long, still haven't started.
-I could already be thinking about a second baby so soon (not happening, I've just changed my mind about how far apart I want them)
-That my dog would really be moved to the back burner.
-That my husband would really be moved to the back burner.
-My clothes seriously wouldn't fit after 2 months, still!!!
-Having a kid brings out the kid in you (Love me some Disney Tunes!)


I'm sure there is more, so I'll probably add to my list as more time goes by!

2 comments:

  1. All so true. I too have experienced all of this. And when you have your second- the best thing is watching them interact. It's just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! :) All so true! :) Major second (or seconds!) on the thirsty hungry part!! Ugh I think Mike must seriously laugh about how I'm ten times hungrier than I ever was pregnant. As time goes by I think it gets worse too, not better. I'm still wondering how weaning is gonna go.... (for me! LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Followers