Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One year ago...

One year ago, my way of thinking changed forever. One year ago, my life changed forever. One year ago, I saw 2 pink lines! I was frustrated that I had not started my period yet since we were trying to conceive. How was I going to know when I was within "the window"? As we prepared to go out of town for Thanksgiving I told Kyle I was going to take a test just to be sure. Normally he rolled his eyes at me and would say, "You're not pregnant." This time he said, "I think that's a good idea." I completely forgot to take the test before I left for work that morning. I left work early so we could get on the road early. I was home about 10 minutes before Kyle and I finished getting my things together. I remembered, "Oh yeah, gotta take that test!" We knew the Holidays would hold drinking and socializing with friends and family, so we wanted to make sure I was in the clear. I took the test. Then I got distracted by packing and remembered I needed to go look at it. I picked it up and nearly passed out. I didn't know whether I want to laugh or cry or scream. The first "person" I told? BENTLEY! "Oh my gosh Bentley, Mommy is pregnant!" It felt weird to say it out loud. I called the doctor and told them about the test and asked them what I needed to do next. Since we were going out of town I had to wait until the following Monday to go get my blood work done.

I had about 2 minutes to figure out how to tell Kyle the good news. I always thought I could have planned something really special for him but I didn't have time. Then the garage door opened, what was I going to say? I put the test in my pocket. When he walked in I couldn't help myself and I pulled it out saying, "This week just got really interesting!" He was so happy. We were in complete shock as we got on the road that day. We also knew we would not be telling anyone, not even family, until after the first sonogram. We wanted to make sure everything was going well first. So we had 4 hours in the car to talk about how we were going to pull off fake drinking, baby names, the nursery, and what our lives would be like this time next year.

Here we are one year later and as I write this, my little boy is laying on the floor playing with his toys, cooing, talking, smiling, and making his new favorite razzing sound. What a difference a year makes!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful memories! What a difference a year will make! Love the pictures of Holt! He is just absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete

Followers