Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The countdown to 1...

I'm about a week and a half late on this, we're in Houston and it's just plain crazy right now! The time has come. The time that seemed so far away this time last year. It's not far away anymore, it is here. My baby is almost a toddler. Every week he is doing more and learning more, and it is just fascinating to watch. I don't think we are close to walking, certainly not by his birthday, but you never know. He hasn't mastered standing on his own yet, although I'm certain he is strong enough too, his balance isn't quite there. The world around him is getting more and more intriguing and he is into everything! Here are some of his current favs from the past month:

-Understanding how lightswitches work
-Crawls to the backdoor when he wants to go swing
-Turns his Baby Einstein Music Box on in his crib at naptime, bedtime, and if he wakes up too early, it soothes him.
-Knows cell phone sounds. Looks right at it when he hears the text message DING!
-He loves mouths, his, ours, all of them. Loves putting those fingers in there.
-Must, absolutely must, be carrying something in his hand when he's crawling
-Shares his food with you, especially loves to give you what has already been in his mouth. MMM.
-Says "words" like nana for banana and daadaa for doggie. Not to be confused with Dada for Daddy.
-Anything that resembles music is worthy of dancing to him. He moves and grooves to all sounds and beats.
-He finds feeding Bentley to be hilarious, especially when he licks his hand. Bentley however is quickly gaining weight.
-Doors, he loves pushing them closed. Unless he left Mommy on the other side and he can't figure out how to get back to me.
-Allergies have been bad lately, so he developed his own sniffing face mimicking me and Kyle
-He loves playing in the closet for some reason
-He knows what buttons to push on his toys to make them do certain things and to drop a car at the top to make it go down the ramp. My little genius.
-He has started this bucking bronco thing where he stands on his knees, hands up, then lunges forward to the ground. He stops and does this between crawling.

Here are some new foods he has tried: (He only self feeds, he's over baby food officially)
-Sweet Potato fries
-Mandarin Oranges (not to much a fav)
-Shells and cheese, mac n cheese (loves!)
-peeled grapes
-grilled cheese (Big fan)
-Pizza (I know, I'm horrible)
-Goldfish (He could probably live on these)
-Steamed broccoli
-Strawberries
-Veggie Burger

Here are his stats:
-21 lbs?
-12 month clothes
-No shoes!
-Size 3 diapers
-2 bottom teefers!

I'm in full party planning mode. I want this to be just the most fun birthday for him. Not that he cares, but I care! So far I haven't been near as emotional as I thought I would be about it, maybe because I have so much other stuff going on. Maybe I'll shed a tear soon. He's my very best lil buddy and I love love love this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers