Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We're moving!

Yes, it's true. I'm having a hard time believing it myself. I've been dying to share this new, but in typical Kyle fashion....he made me wait and wait and wait. We were at dinner a couple weeks ago when he asked me how my day was. I started with the usual, "Holt woke up at 7, danced to Lady Gaga on GMA, ate this for lunch..." I go on with how many naps he took and how long they were, really interesting stuff here people. I asked him how his day was. He said, "I had an interesting day." I asked him what made it so interesting. He said, "Well I got a promotion." I was so surprised to hear that and so happy at the same time especially because I didn't know there was a position above him even open. I said, "Wow, congratulations! What does that mean?" He said, "It means we're moving to Houston." I about spit my margarita out. I got the butterflies, and dizzy, lost my appetite, was happy then about to cry. I really didn't know what to think!

Kyle was promoted to GM of his company and I am so very proud of him. He has worked hard for this, even at times when I didn't understand it. (Like leaving me in the hospital the day after I had Holt to go ease some tension with a customer). Their headquarters are in Houston, but have always felt strongly about having sales here in DFW. With a new product coming out and changes within the company, everyone agreed it was best for Kyle to be in Houston. Fine by me! I have always been open to the possibility of moving to be closer to family whether it be San Antonio or Houston. I just feel it's important for everyone to be closer to family. This move to Houston puts us much closer to San Antonio (where his parents live) as well, about half the distance they are now! I am so excited to get to see both of our families more often. Amy and I are also thrilled we get to watch our boys grow up together. They are, afterall, only 11 weeks apart! Holt and Preston will be getting into all sorts of trouble as they grow up together! This puts us very close to my family also. My dad and half brothers are there, as well as my mom and sister, both in Katy.

As much as I hate to admit this, I promised I wouldn't be one of these people, it looks like we're moving back to the Katy area. We want a home we can stay in for a long time, and possibly never have to move again as our family grows. We started out looking in all the new areas of Katy. This is not the same Katy I left in 2002! We love Grand Lakes, Grayson Lakes, and Firethorne. We came into this with no intentions of building a new home. Our neighborhood here is still under construction and we said we wanted an established neighborhood with big trees...that's why we love Grand Lakes. Then we see a floorplan we are obsessed with in Firethorne. Suddenly, building isn't such a bad idea. We cannot stop talking about this house and how we visualize ourselves there for 20+ years. Now it's a matter of negotiating and finding the perfect lot. Kyle would love a pool someday and I want a yard for the kiddos. (Still only singular right now, just thinking long term). Our house is just now going on the market so we're praying for a fast sell. Know anyone in the DFW area looking for a home?

Kyle has to be down there every week starting now, so the sooner the better. We love my mom, but we also don't want to be there cramping her style for too long! We are just fortunate we have the option. :) Keeps us in your thoughts and prayers as we start this very exciting, yet scary, sad, and stressful journey.

Words cannot even begin to explain how I will miss my friendships here in DFW. They became family. I was accepting the fact that we were going to be here forever, and I was finally ok with it. I have Paige and Piper, Becca and Carson, Katie, Missy and her munchkins, Emily and Ryan, my cousin Kelly, wife Dabney, and Emma, not to mention all of Kyle's friends that we both love so much, and the new friends I was making. I was finally getting involved as a mommy and making plans for Holt and I. This is a wonderful surprise, but still very shocking. I cannot even think about saying goodbye to my friends that live here! Luckily, most of them have reasons for visiting Houston or San Antonio on many occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers