Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Holt's First Haircut

I think this is really a dreaded moment for Mom's. I'm thinking more so Mom's of boys because girl's don't really need haircuts like boys do. I could be wrong. I loved Holt's fratty flippy look and I felt like it was so him. I couldn't imagine not seeing those little flips, especially flippy thanks to Houston's humidity. It's also a huge reminder that your baby, is not a baby anymore. Getting his first haircut means cutting off what makes him look like a baby. I had mixed emotions about this haircut for that reason alone, but the constant comments about him being "such a pretty little girl" and "how old is she" certainly made this much easier. Kyle experienced the first girl comment the day we went for the haircut. We were paying for our lunch and asked what the frozen treat that came with the kid's meal was and the cashier said "She can come back for it when she's done eating." As Holt was clearly decked out in a blue polo and red, blue, and navy shorts. REALLY?! Kyle kept asking me, "Are we sure we want to cut his hair?" After that comment he confidently said, "Yeah, he needs a haircut". So we arrived at Pigtails and Crewcuts, an adorable and clean place for just kids, and paid every last penny of the overpriced First Haircut Package. What's that you ask? A picture and a lock of his hair in a baggie with the date on it. Yup, something we could and would have done ourselves anyways. What the heck, you only get one first haircut right? So 90 pictures later, seriously, Kyle snapped 90 pictures of this milestone...below are some favs to mark the occasion. Holt was incredibly happy the entire haircut with also made this process much easier on me. He was smiling and clapping and could not get enough of the fun firetruck he was sitting...errr standing in the entire time. When he was done, I was so happy with the way my boy looked...like a growing boy and not a baby, or girl...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers