Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jett is one month!

Ok, so he's almost 2 months. The life of a mom with two kids means late blog posts. I have this list of things I am dying to get to, this being one of them, and I CANNOT find the time. Between chasing Holt around the house as he takes off his diapers, wet, dry or poopy, full time nursing, and dealing with two Mama's boys...there aren't enough hours in the day. When there is some spare time...I rest. So here it is, my sweet baby boy is/was one month old on October 14th. His stats at the dr were:

11lbs 15oz 80%
23.5in 90%
Size 1 diapers
3 month clothes, some 3-6

His schedule is all over the place. By 4 weeks with Holt, I had settled into a routine. Jett on the other hand keeps me guessing. I'm going to try and avoid comparing the two, but it's so hard! I am trying my hardest to get him on a consistent 3 hour wake/eat/play/sleep cycle. He has other plans. Once this baby woke up from his newborn hangover, he has decided he does not want to spend his days sleeping. He has crazy long awake hours with a short 20min catnap in between hours on end of being awake. Maybe, if I am lucky, he settles into a "long" nap of an hour or more. The doctor's have me totally freaked out about getting out of the house before he gets his shots, a fear I did not have with Holt for some reason, so we stay at home...A LOT. I think it's because he grunts and groans and is already a little congested sounding, I don't want to push it.

I can't complain too much about the sleeping during the day because he sleeps great at night and he always has. He goes a good 4-5 hour stretch most nights, sometimes more and sometimes less. This amounts to just one middle of the night feeding a night, totally manageable. When he is awake, he is very happy. Until about 7pm. There is not much we can do for him as he fights his bed time for a couple of hours. He is fussy and wails at the top of his lungs. One thing is certain, Mommy has the magic touch. No one else can calm him like me, which makes my days extra long. He likes to be held tight and close and as anti-Soothie as I am, he just has to have it to suck on until he can relax. I make a point to take it out of his mouth before he actually crashes. When you are used to your Mommy duties ending by 8pm, it makes you super tired and sometimes frustrated to deal with a crying baby for a few more hours. I didn't even think this could be colic, but that's what the doctor said it was at his check up. He also said it's possible he will grow out of it by his 2 month checkup, which is just around the corner. Fingers crossed!

It's amazing how this new lil person has just come into this family and owned it like he's been here forever. I couldn't imagine life before Holt and now I can't imagine life without these two blessings. When I look at Jett I just see the sweetest cutest face ever! He's my chunky monkey with more rolls than I know what to do with. I'm kind of obsessed with this chunky lil guy and his crazy awesome hair.

Here are some of his loves:
Mommy
Bath time
Being held
His bouncer

Here are some of his not so loves:
Bed time
His brother's screaming
Naps
Being held in the "wrong" position
Being hot


Holt has settled into the big brother role very well and I am so proud of how he treats his baby brother which is with the utmost love and gentleness...for now. This sweet baby boy just has my heart! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers