Monday, January 24, 2011

Solid Foods

We started Holt on his journey to solid foods on Saturday January 22, 2011. After 6 months of only breastmilk, he was not quite the eager beaver we had hoped for. That is to be expected. I started him off with peas for lunch on Saturday and again for dinner. He had about a half a jar at each sitting. At dinner he was all about the peas, he couldn't get enough. I was so surprised. I was thinking that was pretty easy. That night brought a whole other problem! A bellyache from all the new foods. He was up at 9,10,11,12, my mom rocked him until 1. He was up again at 2:30 and 3:45. He slept until about 8:30 after that. Luckily he just needed some comforting and went back to sleep within minutes of waking up all those times. I just rocked him in the glider. Below are his first pictures of eating peas.




After that awful night, we decided to try something else on Sunday to see if it was better for his belly. I know you are supposed to stick with the same veggie for 3-4 days, but I couldn't take another night like that. So green beans it was. Needless to say he likes peas better. I was going to post a video below but for some reason it was taking hours to upload. I'll put it on facebook instead. Here is a picture of the green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers