Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We have a crawler!

Ok, so I thought this day would never come. Holt will be 9 months old tomorrow and it seems as though all the other kiddos around his age have been crawling for months! I was never concerned because everything I read said crawling is not a measurable milestone a pediatrician would use to track developmental progress. By the way, I did not search for this information like a crazy Mom, it fell into my lap in some of those parents.com or babycenter emails I get every week. Now that we're clear on that...moving on. So, for months Holt has been frustrated trying to do this crawling thing. For one, he has never liked spending time on his tummy. For two, once he figured out how to roll everywhere, he was good with that. He has been doing what I call, Cobra, for weeks now. He pushes up on his hands as far as he can and just didn't know what to do next. But he sleeps in "Child's Pose" every night, now why can't he just combine the two. For some unknown reason, he just couldn't figure out how to do them at the same time. Hence the picture below.



Last week he started to do, I guess what you would call, downward dog. I really hate yoga for the record, it's just the best way to describe this process. For a week straight he would do this and get so mad that he couldn't get any further. For the past 6 weeks he has hated playing on the floor unless I was sitting next to him. I was getting nothing accomplished when he was awake unless I just tuned out his grunts and groans of frustration. Not gonna lie, I definitely did that a lot. This has been going on for weeks, I had to! So the other day, he finally pushed up on all fours.

Look at that pitiful face!

He is trying so hard


I was convinced he was going to go straight to walking. He prefers being upright holding onto our hands to walk around everywhere. Then tonight, it happened! He took more than a few crawls without falling. He was after my house shoes like they were the greatest toy ever! Whatever floats your boat Holt. I haven't been too upset that he wasn't crawling to be honest. It's been nice to leave him in the living room to play while I was in the kitchen, still within visibility, but not have to worry that he is getting over to the outlet I haven't covered yet. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. I'm so proud of him. He really has worked so hard to perfect it. As you can see, he is fast! Holt wanted to do more than just crawl, he wanted to be really good at it. And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers