Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We're almost there Jett...

We have 10 days left...10 days until my scheduled C section at 39 weeks. I'm almost 38 weeks, but I know this boy is fully cooked in my belly. My last and final ultrasound was at 35w and 5d where he measured 38 weeks and approx 7.5lbs. My doctor told me at that appointment that he has been measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule this entire time. He is in the 90% for weight. This is all so strange to me because Holt was also a big baby (for me) at 8lbs, yet since he has been born he has struggled to get out of the 10th percentile for weight. Why so big at birth, and so skinny thereafter? I wonder if Jett will be the same? I digress...

So basically this means it's a good thing I am having a C section because if Holt didn't come out "that" way, no way in the world Jett would be coming out "that" way. I have gained about 32lbs so far, so I should end up about where I did with Holt around 36lbs total gained. It's all my belly. I have not gotten as swollen and puffy like I did with Holt either, so luckily I'm "all baby" as I've been told. I also have not progressed as far as dilating or effacing with Jett. With Holt I started to at 37 weeks and was nearly 3cm and 80% effaced when I was induced. At this point, it does not look like Jett will be trying to come on his own. My cervix is fully closed and he is no where near dropping down. This could all change at any given time of course. I never once had a contraction or false labor pains with Holt, just Braxton Hicks, and it's the same so far with Jett. I never reached that miserable point with Holt, but I have been there for awhile this go round. I'll blame it on the heat, his size, and chasing around a very active 2 year old all day!

I am truly looking forward to having him for so many different reasons than I did with Holt. I cannot wait to enjoy him at the newborn stage. I did with Holt, don't get me wrong. Now that I know what I am doing, I am going to cherish every sweet nap he takes on my chest and every little gurgle and sound he makes before he can smile or laugh. Just really want to soak up this sweet baby! So many people told me I would question at some point during my pregnancy if I could love another baby as much as I love Holt. I have to honestly say, I have not questioned it even for a second. I am thrilled to get to love on another baby boy just as much as I was the first time. If anything, I feel guilty that I will not get the same quality time with Jett that I got with Holt. I am grateful that Holt will be in school 2 days a week so that Jett and I can have some Mommy and baby time. I also can't wait to see the interaction between Holt and Jett. I really have no idea what to expect out of Holt. He has been very sweet to "Dett" in my belly, always kissing him and pointing him out to people. Once he is here, I am just not quite sure he will know what to do with him! It's going to be such a joy to watch them turn into best buds over the years.

My emotions are getting the best of me these days and I cry very easily. I have not yet started to think about the C section because I have blocked the first one so far out of my mind. It was terrible. It should be much better this time around since I will not have to endure two types of deliveries. I had to heal from both last time. I am expecting to recover more quickly but also nervous about how I will manage taking care of Holt and Jett by myself while I am still healing. I can't drive for a couple of weeks, I can't hold Holt for quite some time after, and it will be difficult to keep Holt away from my healing abdomen because I know both of us will want to get some cuddle time in soon after!

I am ready to meet Jett. I know he is ready to meet me. If he looks up at me like Holt did when I first spoke to him, all of this will be worth it and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers