Monday, August 9, 2010

I miss my hubby...

No, he's not out of town. He's here and he's been here everyday since Holt was born. But I miss him in other ways. Another thing no one can prepare you for after having a baby is how your time management changes. We all know it's going to happen, but until you are in that situation you can't see how it will go. So as I am more in love with him than ever seeing him as a dad, I miss my hubby! I love seeing Kyle as a daddy to our little boy. He is everything I knew he would be as a father. He just adores Holt and could spend all day looking at him, just like me. I miss being able to curl up on the couch next to Kyle and watch a movie or tv. We've watched a movie together, but it was often interrupted by an adorable crying baby boy. When given any spare moment when Holt is asleep, I also take that opportunity to catch some ZZZs. Not by choice either, Kyle makes me knowing how sleep deprived I get at night. He bought a new truck 2 weeks ago and I have yet to ride in it. In the past he would have come home and I would have jumped right in for a joy ride. But, he doesn't have the car seat set up in there yet. I miss the one on one time with Kyle that we took for granted before. Don't get me wrong about any of this, we are in love with our baby and would not change anything. We look forward to getting him ready for bed together and reading his prayers every night. We almost fight over who gets to hold him during our nightly routine. Ok, not fight but I secretly want to hold him every time. Although I find it adorable when I glance up from reading to see Kyle just staring at Holt with the utmost of love.

My point is, although we're on this new journey together and we wouldn't change a second of it, I was surprised to look at Kyle recently and think to myself, "I miss him." So with that being said, when Grandma and Grampa Kummer get here on Friday they're sending us on a date! Woo hoo. Now to find the best possible restaurant choice within 5 minutes of our house...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers