Friday, August 27, 2010

Special Moments

In my five weeks of being a new mom, I have experienced many special moments. Now that Holt is getting a little more stability and strength, he seems to be growing everyday! Yesterday there were two sweet moments that I wanted to remember and since I'm behind in whipping out his baby book, I thought I would at least write about it so I can refer back to it.

I was feeding him yesterday afternoon and he grabbed onto my pointer finger. I thought it was just a reflex and I went to pull my finger away to change the tv channel or something of that nature. He grabbed onto it even tighter, so tight that I couldn't pry it loose. Again I thought this was a reflex, so I tried again. Again, as soon as he felt me start to pull away he held on even tighter. I realize whatever channel I was trying to change was insignificant compared to my baby just wanting to be that much closer to me. I really started to tear up at the thought of leaving him to go back to work in about 6 weeks and missing more of these sweet moments. How in the world am I going to manage? I'd rather be poor and happy.

Another special moment yesterday was at his bath-time. This is normally a time he hates, but is starting to get used to it. (Partially because he loves the fish towel from Grandma Kummer that keeps him warm the entire time, if you don't have one, get one!) The other night Kyle mentioned that eventually bath-time was going to be he and Holt's time. So instead of hovering to make sure the water was just the right temp and that he cleaned his hands off, I decided to go get his pj's and diaper ready for when he got out. I walked back by the bathroom and the love between Holt and Kyle stopped me in my tracks. I stood in the doorway staring at Kyle holding him in his hands, facing eachother, just smiling back and forth. There was my tall, strong, football playing husband making sweet babytalk to our little boy all in hopes of catching a smile from him. At that moment, I realized I had everything I wanted in life (so far...) and that this was my life. A life I always dreamed of and now it's mine. God is so good and I thank him everyday for the blessings he has given to me. Just thought I would share because we all need a reminder of what life is really about.

2 comments:

  1. I still blame the pregnancy and post partum hormones but your post made me tear up! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Shea! I wish you and Michele lived a little closer so you all could hang out with your boys! Teresa Vassilaros

    ReplyDelete

Followers