Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holt is 7 months!


This is getting more and more depressing every month. I swear I just wrote his 6 month post. Where is time going!? He is getting quite the personality and getting very good at letting me know what he wants. He is communicating with me with different sounds and hand motions, I'm starting to learn what they mean, especially the ones where he does not like whatever he is doing. Holt started babbling a couple weeks ago and I think this is the cutest sound I have ever heard. He is convinced he is talking. He says, "Babababababa, blllllhhhhhaaaa, blaaah, babababa" Little guy is also starting with lalalalalala sounds and the occasional dadadadadada. (And no Kyle, he doesn't know that is you yet)

Likes:
-His car walker from Meme, it's a sweet ride
-Prefers sitting over laying for the most part
-Music on his toys
-Tags on his toys
-Crinkle toys
-Still obsessing over Bentley
-Daddy throwing him in the air
-Mommy's funny voices
-Scout (even though Holt wasn't an option for names and Scout calls him BUDDY instead, that's ok)
-Peekaboo, especially popping up out of no where!
-The outdoors
-Solids! Likes them all, I really can't determine which ones he likes the best because he eats whatever I put in his mouth
-Phones and remote controls
-Touching faces



Dislikes:
-Sitting in his high chair too long
-When I take too long getting his meals ready
-Covering his face
-Getting his lotion on at night
-Not such a huge fan of books anymore, but I am reading them more often so he will change his mind
-Strangers


Stats and facts:
-About 18lbs (based on me weighing myself with and without him on the scale)
-Size 9 months clothes for the most part, still some 6month shirts
-Size 2-3 diapers, moving up to 3s soon though
-He can sit unassisted but still falls backwards when he is tired of it. He can also lean forward and roll over to the side to get to a laying down position. This sometimes entails face planting and tears, but he is ok.
-He can grab and move things from hand to hand with both hands. Excellent motor skills!
-Reaches for things he wants (hanging, in front of him, next to him)
-Everything goes in his mouth
-Mimics motions (waving, high five, sticking tongue out)
-Has fruit and cereal for breakfast, veggie for lunch, fruit and veggie for dinner (1 jar of each a day)
-Nurses 5 times/day
-Bed at 7:30, sleeps until 6 or 6:30, nurses, back down until 8 or 8:30

I know I had more info on my iPhone but it crashed and erased everything since July. Grrrr!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers