Saturday, March 26, 2011

8 Months


Holt is 8 months! And this going to sound crazy but I'm already thinking about planning his First Birthday Party! This is nuts. This has been my first month home with him everyday and the transition is easier than I thought. The days just fly by and I love having the freedom to do whatever we choose. So far I do not miss getting up at 5am and fighting an hour long commute to sit at a desk for 8 hours. It's been such fun to see him learning new things and taking in his surroundings. He finds one sound he wants to make and he makes it all day long. The next day you ask him to make the same sound and he's on to something else already. One day he says dadadadadadadada all day. The next it's just hours of raspberries. The next, his tarzan yell as I like to call it. He beats on his chest and says "ohhhhh ohhhhh ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh" He can do this forever. He's quite the little character. I predict a very strong personality for him. He has no problems letting you no when he is not happy or he is frustrated. Holt can be very laid back and chill, but the second he wants to move on, you better let him. My mom calls him "Hyper Diaper" because he is always moving! When he's eating he's kicking his foot or grabbing your face. He's never just STILL. I'm shocked he isn't crawling yet because he is so ready to be on the move. I'm not complaining that he isn't crawling either. I'm savoring what is most likely my last month to say that. As much as he appears to want to crawl, he just can't figure out how to get his legs under him and make that happen. When I put his legs under him, he just falls on his side and rolls. He's an expert roller. He does have very strong legs and likes to stand. When I go to sit him down, he puts his legs out in protest because he wants to stand. I think he might just up and walk one day instead of crawl, we'll see. Here are some of his 8 month likes and dislikes:

Likes:
-Pulling your hair, and he's great at finding the most tender part of your head and pulling that hair
-Giving kisses, mostly to Mommy
-All things paper. He has 3 toys on his shopping cart cover to play with, but prefers the shopping list
-Phones and remote controls
-Bath time! He can finally sit and play in the tub.
-Sucking on his washcloth
-Socks
-Hearing himself make any noise. He's so so loud.
-Head butts my shoulder or his mattress when he's sleepy
-Smacking his lips
-More and more obsessed with Bentley every month
-Walks in the stroller


Dislikes
-WIND
-When you take something away from him. He has tantrums. I'm scared of age 2.
-Trying to crawl. He gets very frustrated now. He knows he needs to do something, just can't figure out what.
-His car seat for long periods
-Strangers
-Waiting for his food in the high chair

Facts:
-9 month clothes
-Size 3 diapers
-About 18lbs or so, maybe more
-Babbles, a lot
-Working on waving
-Mimics, not immediately, he thinks about it for awhile
-Can go from sitting to laying without hurting himself in the process
-Holds himself standing, momentarily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers