Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jett is 10 months!

How can this be? I just truly can't believe it. I can remember Holt being 10 months old so vividly this is crazy to me!

Jett has finally started to crawl! He was just happy as could be sitting there playing and watching his brother all this time. Now I'm sure he wonders why he didn't do this sooner! Although I am already missing the old days. He li
kes to play with things like the barstools and kitchen chairs or attempt to climb on the fireplace. So in other words, I have several small heart attacks a day. Sometimes he stops and puts both his feet down like he wants to stand, but he does not have the upper body strength for that just yet. He prefers standing to sitting these days. His obession is doorstops. He can spot them anywhere. He crawled all the way from the kitchen to the front of the house because he spotted the doorstop by the front door. He finds them fascinating and hilarious. He prefers to play with whatever big brother is playing with, much to Holt's dismay. I've already gotten rid of a lot of baby toys because I honestly don't think he will ever play with them!

He still loves books, absolutely loves them. As soon as we sit down in his glider before naps or at bedtime, he leans over and reaches for them. Usually he's happy with what I choose, but if he's not, he lets me know it and I choose a different one. Sometimes he is just so tired that he closes the book and turns and lays his head down on me, like he's saying "That's enough Mom, goodnight."

He has 4 bottles a day with 6oz each. 7:30, 11:30, 4, and at bedtime. His naps are better, he's a bit more predictable than he was the past few months. He naps at 10 and 3 usually for about an hour each time, sometimes an hour and half. I'm shocked if it's 2 hours. He has about a 4 hour awake threshold, but again this has gotten much easier. He's easier to distract or keep happy if we are out and about and he's tired. I still prefer to be home at naptime, so I spend a lot of time at home between the two boys and their nap schedules. Call me crazy but I know it's why they have both been great sleepers. Jett typically sleeps about 8pm-7am, but is happy in his crib until I get him around 7:30. Sometimes I just need to get myself going in the morning before I get him.

Jett is still completely attached to my hip. He has a little more freedom now that he is crawling, but usually it's just to find me...or a doorstop. He does not seem to have much stranger anxiety, even reaching out to some of them, but only briefly until he realizes he would rather me hold him.

As far as new foods, he still likes his baby food so I still give it to him. At every meal I am offering finger foods, but he would rather play with them. Another picky eater on my hands, fabulous. I've given him meatballs, chicken, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, peas, carrots, watermelon, bananas, blueberries, pancakes, and pretty much anything we eat within reason. He just doesn't eat it. He likes to squish the fruit and throw everything else to Bentley. I will continue to offer it in hopes that he just starts to like it one day!

He is 21lbs 5oz (he went to the dr for a severe diaper rash, that's how I know). He wears size 4 diapers, 12 month clothes (although they are getting snug), and is still my chunky monkey! He still has just his 2 bottom teeth with no sign of any others popping through.

Jett's smile just lights up my days and my whole world. It's just the absolute best smile ever! He makes us so happy and his laugh is just so funny. I'm waiting for that big belly laugh that he just can't stop, but for now his silly little giggle will do. He's also sensitive. When I have to tell him No-no for pulling up on barstools, he gets very upset. Poor guy. It's going to be hard to get mad at him. I say that now...lets talk again when he's 2.
2 teefers

Attached to my hip, can't get anything done

Shopping is so much easier when the snack cup is mastered!

Happy 10 months baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers