Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 4th!

So I have majorly slacked on any type of posts that weren't related to one of my children's growth or development. We had such an amazing 4th of July, that I just feel like I need to remember it! We left Wednesday afternoon and headed out to Horseshoe Bay where Kyle's parents have a house right on the water across from the Marriott. Those that knows us, know that this is our happy place. (Besides Cabo) We love going here. We got married here and we take a picture every year in the place where we stood saying our vows just to see how we change and how our family changes over the years. I am so glad we decided to start this tradition. I'll have to post pictures later because I haven't a clue where our camera is since getting back.

The 4th of July is one of my most favorite Holidays. I love the food, the colors, the fireworks, and SPARKLERS. Forget the big expensive ones you can buy at the firework stand, just give me some sparklers and I'm thrilled. This has just always been a fun Holiday for me. What I really love, going to watch the Fireworks, especially on the boat in the middle of the lake. I mean, it just doesn't get any better as far as a fireworks show goes. Icing on the cake, watching it through my son's eyes.

We started the day with a parade right out in front of the Marriott, a quick 2 minute walk from my in laws. Holt wasn't sure why all these nice people were throwing candy to him from their decorated cars and golf carts, but he sure didn't mind either! It was just as entertaining for Jett who happily watched from his Papa's lap or Lala's arms. We enjoyed ourselves. We headed back to the house where Jett took a nap and Kyle and I took Holt out on the Jet-Ski, or "jexsie" as Holt says. Every TCU flag Holt saw around the lake he happily chanted T-C-U! You couldn't wipe the grin off Kyle's face. We headed back in for lunch and I was thrilled to learn Jett napped until after 1! My plan of keeping him out late to watch fireworks was working since he took later naps. I took Jett for a little swim while Holt was napping before putting him down for his afternoon nap. He had a blast splishing and splashing in the baby pool.

After the boy's afternoon naps, we played outside some more and watched Kyle and his dad prepare our annual Crab Boil feast! We had shrimp, crab legs, corn, potatoes, and sausage. We look forward to this every year. The sun was beginning to set so we let Holt see some of the items Kyle picked out for him at the Fireworks stand. I'm not sure what he loved the most, the poppers or the smoke bombs in all colors. Every smoke bomb that was lit immediately became a Superhero to him. Green was Hulk, blue was Captain America, yellow was thing, red was Spiderman and Iron Man. You can see where his head is these days. He got the hang of the poppers too but had a hard time throwing them down hard enough some of time. He was just in complete awe of everything that had gone on this day, and the best was still yet to come!

After an attempt at sparklers, we headed out on the boat. I was a tad nervous about the sparklers and Holt was a tad afraid. We tuned the radio into the right station and watched the show begin. Even Jett was in awe as he laid on Kyle's chest looking up into the sky. He barely made a sound. Holt was having fun making up his own words to songs "Captain America! Captain America!" At least he said America. He did not want the show to end. When it was over we said we had to head back and he said, "And den we will come back in just a little bit-it!" Needless to say both boys slept great that night. It was a 4th of July to remember for sure! I love that Holt is getting old enough to understand the holidays and all the fun stuff that goes along with it!

The rest of the weekend consisted of boat rides, an attempt at tubing, putt putt, fishing, and swimming. We thought Holt would like the tube, and he did until Papa went a little too slow through a wake by another boat and he and Kyle got submerged in the water briefly. Oh the look on his face, heartbreaking. I decided I would ride with them too, it was a two seater. I held onto Holt for dear life so it wouldn't happen again. Tubing is not quite as fun as it used to be I must admit. I find it terrifying now! Haha! Another thing Holt did not enjoy as much as we thought he would, fishing. He enjoyed throwing it out there and reeling it in. He especially liked seeing that he caught a fish. He did not like Kyle trying to take the hook out of the fish's mouth. He saw a little bit of blood and then came the tears. He is really sensitive about that kind of thing. He said, "I don't like fishing because Daddy (insert finger in side of mouth and pull) on the fish and I don't like that."

We were always planning on leaving Saturday afternoon, but we decided that morning that we were having too much fun so we stayed until Sunday. Once we decided that, Kyle and I took Holt to play putt-putt while Jett took his morning nap. It is so fun to see Holt growing and maturing and able to handle fun little excursions like this with us. We enjoy our one on one time with him. Just as much as I enjoy my one on one play time with my littlest munchkin. I am sure Holt appreciates all the attention he gets while we are with him too. Like allowing him to have ice cream for lunch because it's just too hot for anything else!


We had such a wonderful weekend at the lake and we made some incredible family memories that will last a life time!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers