Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pajamas and Donuts, Holt turns 3!

We had his birthday party Saturday morning, my new fav time for a birthday party, by the way. There were all kinds of donuts and breakfast foods. We had kolaches, fruit salad, donut holes, cake donuts with sprinkles, regular donuts with sprinkles, glazed donuts, and my Mother in Law's special Charger Re-chargers. (One of Kyle's favorites from high school) They are butter tastin' biscuits with sausage and cheese inside, highly addicting.

I figured this is probably the last year I could do his party without much input from him. I've always wanted to have a breakfast themed party. Holt fights me every morning to stay in his pajamas, so this theme was truly perfect for him. Not to mention donuts are one of the only things he will eat, even if it's just the icing. We had around 40 people here, maybe more, and it was so fun. The kids loved making their Froot Loop necklaces even if they did not stay on their necklaces for long! Holt finally understood what his birthday was all about this year and could not wait for his friends to show up. He would keep asking me, "Are my friends here yet?" It's hard to believe he is 3! I'll have a separate post on that later. Here are some party highlights.
Keep Calm and Eat a Donut, ain't that the truth

10 dozen donut holes to make a tower, for the record




She's cute


Froot Loop Necklaces




Blowing out his candle on his special donut


Loved every minute of his party

1 comment:

  1. Holt- we hope you had the BEST birthday!! Fun idea and good job mama!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers